Vasta
Kasutaja avatar
YellowTractor
passionate rescue for estonians
Kontakt:

Volvo Crownwheel and pinions

Postitus Postitas YellowTractor »

please excuse this post but Ive made something that might be of interest to you

Im one of those bad people that feed of dying Volvos, I use the axles to build race cars and the complete cars to come get us out of trouble when it all goes wrong.. I normally apply about 450-500hp to my axles, building strong stuff is important to me.

Anyway.. I was finding that getting hold of 32x11 crownwheel and pinions was becoming an impossible task as the number of complete 5.99:1 axles is getting smaller and smaller. So I had some brand new gearsets made, my gear maker is European and manufactures for Nissan and Dana amongst others, I have used them for about 10 years of racing and the quality is first class....

I have modified Volvos design though...

My gears have the extra splines to allow them to be fitted into 6x6 vehicles and still keep the 6x6 drive, this is ideal if you are fitting a diesel engine conversion as you will have more Km/H and less RPMs and much lower litres/100 :D

so if you have a set of 7:11 or 7:56:1 axles and want to go faster - or you want to fit a deisel engine to your 6x6 then these gears are the answer to your prayers

Pilt

The extra splines are clearly visible in this (really bad) photo

Pilt

I dont have so many left, I am in England and can ship to anywhere in the world at cost price

I hope this of interest :)
Cheers
Jez
http://www.flyingspanners.net
Frog Hunting tow truck
Vasta

Mine “Volvo”