GAZ67

Moderaatorid: jr, Moderators

Vasta
Komandirsky
Rookie

GAZ67

Postitus Postitas Komandirsky »

Hi brothers in 4x4!

I was fortunate to locate and buy an early prototype version of GAZ67 from 1941, the interrior resembles a GAZ64 but the exterrior is definately of a GAZ67 with square mud guards and so on. The manufacture of GAZ67 began 1942 or by some sources 1943. So it is a rarity. Unfortunately it took a lot of pain in a fire during the time of the previous owner, a returnee from Inkeri, a cousin to me and you. He was able to aquire some parts from Russia but not all I needed.

That is why I am asking your assistance to find a GAZ67 for spare parts. The car can be absolutely in a bad or poor condition, a rusty junk in a back yard of a farm house.... The most essential parts would be: the original wheels with round holes, the water radiator, the seats, electrical wiring etc, all in any condition. It is better to proceed from a bad start than from no start at all.

I have retreived a siht load of pics from net and there is a work shop manual coming, so I think the project is possible, but gets on much faster with a spare source like another car.

As a CCCP reference, I have restored already one UAZ Cabriolet from two junks I bought from the Finnish Army auction, it goes well and is registered too. Then there is also a LR II Series Fire Engine pick up 1959 waiting a treatment.

I wish you all a restfull Christmas and a restless New Year!
Komandirsky
Vasta

Mine “Welcome to 4x4.ee!”