Greatings offroaders

Moderaatorid: jr, Moderators

Rossi
Rookie

Greatings offroaders

Postitus Postitas Rossi »

Me and a couple of friends are wondering if someone on this forum could help us out with some information??
I found this http://www.fff.ee/muda/Mudakoon2007.wmv film in another forum and really liked the content :D
I live in Norway and here we are not allowed to drive our offroadcars anywhere :x
Now we have bought an old Swb Geländewagen that we are modifying too be able too compete in races like the Mudakoon.
The problem right now is that I do not speak/read Estonian so finding info about the race has turned out to be almost impossible.
I would like to know the usual stuff like, how much will it cost us to participate, where in Estonia is it, where do people sleep during the race(I guess it last more than one day?), and then most importantly! Is it a great party after/during the race :D

Best regards: Rossi/Örjan
Kasutaja avatar
hulkur
been there, done that
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas hulkur »

Hi there,

Usually the information regarding all Estonian (and Baltic) 4x4 competitions you'll find either:

http://forum.4x4.ee/viewforum.php?f=32

or

http://eal.4x4.ee

This year calender

Of course most of the info is in Estonian :)

This year the Mudakoon Trophy is held April 25th-27th, which is last weekend of April. The location is roughly 50km westbound from Tallinn. In the competition center there is no accomodation facilities, so some use campers-caravans, some drive home - Estonia is small country, you know...

Participation is usually around €150.- per car. This year's competition official documents are not ready yet.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask! You are more than welcom!!!

rgds,
Andres@also drivin G-wagen ;)
Kasutaja avatar
trc
Truth, only truth
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas trc »

Andres, i pointed him out already the TR1-TR3 regulations in http://eal.4x4.ee/index.php?option=com_ ... &Itemid=88

but then we ran into a question.

http://eal.4x4.ee/images/stories/dokume ... 2_tehn.pdf

Wheels and tyres section says: Allowed to use only car pneumatic tyres, diameter less than 775 mm and more than
915 mm, measured when pressure 2,0 atm.

Shouldn't it be vice versa?

thread where from Rossi found a way here: http://www.pointedthree.com/disc/forums ... 12&start=1
allkiri, 255 sümbolit
Giosk
tel.56661070
Rossi
Rookie

hulkur kirjutas:Hi there,

Usually the information regarding all Estonian (and Baltic) 4x4 competitions you'll find either:

http://forum.4x4.ee/viewforum.php?f=32

or

http://eal.4x4.ee

This year calender

Of course most of the info is in Estonian :)

This year the Mudakoon Trophy is held April 25th-27th, which is last weekend of April. The location is roughly 50km westbound from Tallinn. In the competition center there is no accomodation facilities, so some use campers-caravans, some drive home - Estonia is small country, you know...

Participation is usually around €150.- per car. This year's competition official documents are not ready yet.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask! You are more than welcom!!!

rgds,
Andres@also drivin G-wagen ;)
Thank you very much Andres :D

What G do you race? I assume it´s a SWB but what engine, transmission, wheels, gadgets have you got on your car? Any pics? In the film I saw a green G, yours??
As I said before, I don´t understand Estonian and thats why trc told me to ask you guys in this forum.....
If we decide to drive all the way from Tromsö in the North of Norway I would like to come prepared so we will actually be allowed to race :) This is why I need to ask theese, to you I guess, kind of stupid questiones......
I see in the regulations that the car needs to be road-legal, how tough are you when checking this? I mean, in Norway we can´t change anything on our cars and call it legal but we still ride with bigger tires, use longer suspension for more "flex", and so on........
Maybe it is easier to get mods to the vehicle road-legal in Estonia?

You didn´t answer the most important question by the way........... :wink:
Party????
Kasutaja avatar
Landy
Typo Master 2.1
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas Landy »

Rossi kirjutas:I see in the regulations that the car needs to be road-legal, how tough are you when checking this? I mean, in Norway we can´t change anything on our cars and call it legal but we still ride with bigger tires, use longer suspension for more "flex", and so on........
Greetings from Land Rover Club guys! Nice to see that someone from "offroad prohibited" countries wants to come here and make himself muddy. :wink:

Since today the "Street legal" in Estonia ahave WERY flexqable meaning here. It meens olny that you have arranged regitration plates, insurance, and stamp from technical control centre, and you don't get caught by police with youre modified racing/offroad car on streets.

When the heavily modified foreign registered cars with foreign driver on board gets stopped by police, they only checks papers and thats all.
Viimati muutis Landy, L Mär 15, 2008 4:54 pm, muudetud 1 kord kokku.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Lets talk about LAND ROVER's
Kristjan Vaarmann (+372)5010599 kristjan.vaarmann@landroverclub.ee
Land Rover'iga nakatatud aastast 1996, off-road spordis aastast 2003!
MTÜ Eesti Land Roveri Klubi
Kasutaja avatar
Stupiduser
Vintsmännide AÜ

Postitus Postitas Stupiduser »

Rossi kirjutas:I see in the regulations that the car needs to be road-legal, how tough are you when checking this?
You must drive on public roads between stages. This is the reason why car must be road legal. Usually this means register plates, TÜV and documents. Dont worry! :lol:
Elu on lill! Võilill...

Ermo "Pikk" Soobik, Märjad Härjad tüürimees/vintsimees, 2008 TR1 5. koht, offroader since 2002
Rossi
Rookie

Landy kirjutas:
Rossi kirjutas:I see in the regulations that the car needs to be road-legal, how tough are you when checking this? I mean, in Norway we can´t change anything on our cars and call it legal but we still ride with bigger tires, use longer suspension for more "flex", and so on........
Greetings from Land Rover Club guys! Nice to see that someone from "offroad prohibited" countries wants to come here and make himself muddy. :wink:

Since today the "Street legal" in Estonia is WERY flexing (expression)meaning here. It meens olny that you have arranged regitration plates, insurance, and stamp from technical control centre, and you don't get caught by police with youre modified racing/offroad car on streets.

When the heavily modified foreign registered cars with foreign driver on board gets stopped by police, they only checks papers and thats all.
Hi there Kristjan! I guess you´re the same man trc was talking about??

Mud and expensive toys are some of the main ingredients for a happy Male-life :lol: and of course, some female lives as well....
Back in the eighties we(meaning the people in the western parts of Europe) were told that the Soviet Union were controling their people and telling them what to do and not to do all the time...........
That is how it feals like living in Norway in 2008 :( We are not allowed to have any funny and/or dangerous activities whithout the gouvernment interfering and sending the Police after us. Like having fun on a snowmobile, almost not legal! Using our beautiful 4x4s in terrain, not legal! I´m just waiting for "them" to try and stop us from drinking and partying as well :?
The interresting thing about this is that the majority of people seems to think it´s a good thing some "big-brother" is telling them what NOT to do all the time :roll:

So, enough whith boring politics!

You think there will be no problems for us coming to Estonia with a short G running 39.5" IROK-wheels then? Sounds like a good place to be 8)
I guess we will probably put the race-car on a trailer behind one of our "street-cars" which only runs on 35" MT-wheels....

How do we make sure that our car and team is in the race? Who do we talk to to arrange with startingfee-payment and registration for us to participate in the race?
How about the question trc asked ? Is it the way we were thinking that the wheelsize should be somewhere in between 915 mm and 775 mm?? If that´s the case we need to evaluate our tire-choise and maybe run the 35" Boggers we also got for the car........
Viimati muutis Rossi, L Mär 15, 2008 5:06 pm, muudetud 1 kord kokku.
Kasutaja avatar
trc
Truth, only truth
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas trc »

[/quote]
Hi there Kristjan! I guess your´e the same man trc was talking about??
[/quote]

Negative örjan. I was talking about Kristjan who's name in real life is Kristjan, and in 4x4.ee K.Kotkas

http://forum.4x4.ee/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3
allkiri, 255 sümbolit
Giosk
tel.56661070
Rossi
Rookie

trc kirjutas:
Hi there Kristjan! I guess your´e the same man trc was talking about??
[/quote]

Negative örjan. I was talking about Kristjan who's name in real life is Kristjan, and in 4x4.ee K.Kotkas

http://forum.4x4.ee/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3[/quote]

Ok, my bad then :oops:
Kasutaja avatar
Landy
Typo Master 2.1
Kontakt:

Rossi kirjutas:Hi there Kristjan! I guess your´e the same man trc was talking about??
I'dont know... We have here at least two Kristjan -s in forum. I (Landy) deal with Land Rovers and the other one (Kotkas) is menber of team "Silverbeast" and driveing everykind of 4x4 vehicles. :wink:
You think there will be no problems for us coming to Estonia with a short G running 39.5" IROK-wheels then? Sounds like a good place to be 8)
Eaven better place to stay and live. ':thumb:'
We just made today LEGAL offroad trip wih few oure LR Club mebers on govermentral built offroad track to promote oure club and it's 10th birthday to the some journalists :D
So now problem with those tyres.
How do we make sure that our car and team is in the race? Who do we talk to to arrange with startingfee-payment and registration for us to participate in the race?
We have here official Estonian Autosport Federation and under it is 4x4 offroad subcommittee. Please be free to take contact to them ( http://eal.4x4.ee/index.php?option=com_ ... &Itemid=98 ). "Hulkur"/Andres Meesak is the press officer of that commitee and can give you information how to take part, registrate and pay.
How about the question trc asked ? Is it the way we were thinking that the wheelsize should be somewhere in between 915 mm and 775 mm?? If that´s the case we need to evaluate our tire-choise and maybe run the 35" Boggers we also got for the car........
We have four Competition classes here in Estonia 2008
TR1 (nearest to original street legal card, light modifications are allowed) tyres up to 32,9"
TR2 (Modyfied card, bout only with te same make parts) tyres up to 35"
TR3 (Heavily modyfied or own built racing cars) tyres up to 40"
Class "Free"- (Allmost no rules to modifications) tyres up to 33"
Kasutaja avatar
Landy
Typo Master 2.1
Kontakt:

Kasutaja avatar
hulkur
been there, done that
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas hulkur »

trc kirjutas: Wheels and tyres section says: Allowed to use only car pneumatic tyres, diameter less than 775 mm and more than
915 mm, measured when pressure 2,0 atm.

Shouldn't it be vice versa?
Yeah, sure, sorry, nobody noticed that mistake before :D, meaning nobody has read the regulations before :)

Shortly - for TR-1 your rig should be pretty much stock, no mod-s in suspension, no lifts, no mod-s in drivetrain etc. Shortly This class, to be really frank, is the most difficult, as there is most competition, and the track is rather harsh.
for Tr-2 and 4x4 hobby classes you can modify your rig pretty freely, with some limitations. The difference is in tyre size - for 4x4 hobby it's max 33" and for TR-2 37".

If you're running tyres large than this, there is also TR-3 class, with max limited tyre size of approx 41", construction is free, with some safety limitations.

To be road legal, means your car has to be registered and carry valid insurance and tech. inspection certificate. According to legislation the bigger tyres and offroad equipement (winch) do not need to be registered in car papers.

Regarding the Mudakoon competition - it'll be several stages, max duration probably around 20 hours. The stages will be different - GPS navigation (means you need to locate control points by GPS coordinates), 4x4 "circuit" and probably some speed stage.

The area is approximately here

Party, actually, honestly, after the competition you will sleep for 24 hours and don't want to hear of ANY party :) but sure, we'll have some good time together...

And last but not least, my G-wagen... I have two of them - one is SWB 2000 W461 G290GDT, which is my sunday softroader with 32" GoodYear Wrangler MT/R and Warn X8000 and the other WILL be my battlecruiser - it's '89 SWB 230GE AT, with Eibach springs, Bilstein B4 shocks and 33" Interco Boggers.

andres
Kasutaja avatar
Landy
Typo Master 2.1
Kontakt:

Hi Rossi!

Sorry about tyre size desinformation in my last post! :cry: I was too lazy to take a look in to competition technical regulations nad trusted my memory. :oops:
Rossi
Rookie

Thank you very much Landy and Hulkur :)
Im very happy and grateful for all the help I can get!
It feels real good to see that the offroading people seem to be the same friendly and helpful kind all over the world :D

I guess most of the competitors in the race is the same kind?! That´s very important I think........... 8)
How about language? Will I be able make myself understood whith my basic school-English in Estonia or do I need to studdy the Estonian language before visiting your country?

Typical me beeing the only one reading the regulations :lol:

I thought cars like "the Silvebeast" would be in the "free" class :shock: Are you trying to tell me there´s even more extreme cars competing in the race :?: :?:

""Regarding the Mudakoon competition - it'll be several stages, max duration probably around 20 hours.""
Does this mean the race will go on for 20hours from start to finish??

""Party, actually, honestly, after the competition you will sleep for 24 hours and don't want to hear of ANY party but sure, we'll have some good time together...
How/when do you party then?? Before the race, or not at all :?

Hulkur/Andres:
Do you run the 6.17:1 geared axles on your 290GD? I´ve been told that it was a "common" gearing on that particular modell.......
My team and I are searching everywhere for axles with that gearing.
As I said before we are planning on runnin quite large wheels on our standard GD300 so we are a little worried that the power from the engine will be unsufficient in the muddier parts of the race :?
In the future the plan is to use a engine with a little/LOT more power but for now we will keep it close to standard for Maximum reliability.......
My day to day G is a LWB -85 GD300 with a turbo-converted engine, automatic transmission. I´m also runnin MT/R:s but 35" instead of 32" like you...
http://pirate4x4.no/forum/showthread.php?t=9826&page=2

The race G is currently running 35"Boggers and so far that´s about the only major change we have done to the car but there will be a lot of changes before it´s ready to really Mud-wrestle
Here´s a few pics of the G-wagen we will be racing and also some pics of some of the other members of Tromsö Land Rover Klubb, but no Landys, Sorry about that Landy :wink: http://pirate4x4.no/forum/showthread.php?t=11432&page=2

A G-wagen may be last but NEVER least :lol:

Landy/Kristjan:
I was wrong. trc were talking about "the other" Kristjan......
So you like it in Estonia I assume :D Tell me, what makes you think Estonia is so special? Execept 4x4:s of course......... :D
Do you have many members in the LR-Club? Land Rover owners seem to bee even more fanatic than Geländewagenowners, it´s the same everywhere. Even in Tromsö where I live all of the offroaders(including myself) are members of the local Landy-Club just for the atmosphere surrounding the brittish pride and joy and the people that drive and most importantly, spend enormous amounts of time in the garage repairing little bits and bobbins on their beloved Land Rovers......

As I said before: -Thank you so much for beeing this helpful guys :hail

By the way: I was really impressed by the huge selection of "Smilies" you´ve got on this forum........... :eek
Kasutaja avatar
trc
Truth, only truth
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas trc »

Rossi kirjutas:How about language? Will I be able make myself understood whith my basic school-English in Estonia or do I need to studdy the Estonian language before visiting your country?
English is pretty enough. And if not - you can bring your hands to help you and draw :) And i can call my brother with me who has been in sweden for one year. So i hope he can help in critical situations :)
I thought cars like "the Silvebeast" would be in the "free" class :shock: Are you trying to tell me there´s even more extreme cars competing in the race :?: :?:
Nope. Silverbeast is TR3. Theres no more extreme but some of them in same level. Hulkur and Landy can point them out. Amitrans Niva, Qkulgur and LuigeTeam, am i correct? http://www.luige-team.ee/
How/when do you party then?? Before the race, or not at all :?
Ahem. As far as i know - there is after- and preparty in parking area every time :) With beer and muddy, oily men. And i have heard that after Mudakoon there has been party also. With band and stuff. And beer starts from 4.7% of alc. and sold in every store ;) Do i need mention that it is much cheaper also than in Norway ;) But bring some shrimps, crab and salmon :)
Do you run the 6.17:1 geared axles on your 290GD? I´ve been told that it was a "common" gearing on that particular modell.......
My team and I are searching everywhere for axles with that gearing.
dont search axles but call to MB and order just 6.17:1 gearing crowns. You can change them inside your axles.

Btw. Örjan. Maybe it's even better for you guys to plan your visit to "Klaperjaht" that is in august and in Southern Estonia. Very beautiful place, and definetly - in august weather is much better than in april. And you have some additional spare time for planning your trip and building car according to regulations. Right now i think you will fit to TR2 or to Free . Other guys can comment more because i know only a little bit of theory but havent been competing.

Klaperjaht pics you have seen but one more time:
http://trc.gt.ee/Klaperjaht_2007/
allkiri, 255 sümbolit
Giosk
tel.56661070
Vasta

Mine “Welcome to 4x4.ee!”