Vasta
Kasutaja avatar
pepo
Rookie
Kontakt:

New in town...

Postitus Postitas pepo »

Tere,

I apologize for not writing in Estonia. I just moved here from the Netherlands this month with my yellow 1984 BJ45 HTLD, so my Estonian is still a bit rusty ;-)

My name is Peter Postma, as said, I am original from the Netherlands. I am 43 years old, work as a Linux administrator at Playtech and own my BJ45 since September 2012.

Initially I am working on stabilizing it's condition. (rust wise ;-) ) and I have replaced/repaired some technical stuff (shocks, leaf springs front, fenders, starter, batteries (now Optima yellow top)) I plan to fix up the body (especially the hood and the back is pretty bad) and build a camper interior since I like to do some more traveling with it.

In the Netherlands I am a member of the Land Cruiser club. I took some off road courses though the club and joined some club events including off road weekends and day trips.

As I mentioned I like to travel with my car. Last year I went to the French Alps where I drove a beautiful route through the mountains. I am planning to go to the North cape sometime in the next year or so.

I am looking for other J4 owners/4x4 drivers in Tallinn or surroundings to get to know the country and car shops that can help out with the stuff I cannot do myself.

Hope to see you sometime.

Cheers,

Peter
https://www.facebook.com/ToyotaLandcruiserBj45 (fb page of the car)
1984 BJ45 HTLD - 3.4 l 3B diesel - Power-steering - 125 l extra long-range tank - 150 l water tank - Split rims - Pilt
Kasutaja avatar
Maaks
Rock Crawler

Re: New in town...

Postitus Postitas Maaks »

Welcome :)
You maybe already know this page: http://www.bj40.ee/foorum/
Kasutaja avatar
toilu
I live off from the mud

Postitus Postitas toilu »

Welcome
Metsas näeme rsk!!!
viis kaks null neli kaks viis kaks
Kasutaja avatar
pepo
Rookie
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas pepo »

Yes, Maaks I found it, I signed up and posted something there too, but the forum seems to bee flooded by spam, so no reply yet. (Unlike here :-))
1984 BJ45 HTLD - 3.4 l 3B diesel - Power-steering - 125 l extra long-range tank - 150 l water tank - Split rims - Pilt
Kasutaja avatar
Roostekoll
Fitting 38"

Postitus Postitas Roostekoll »

Hello there!

As You will soon find out, this forum is very well moderated and 99% of the folks here are utmost friendly. Not being good in Estonian won't be a problem since some of the guys here are not so good in English either. So everything is even then :mrgreen:
I'm sure you'll learn the few basic and common Estonian key-words of this forum really soon. In example "mu chero ei käivitu", "keegi mõnda rada teab?" or "milline on hea õlifilter?" etc.
I myself drive only on grass with my pocket sized X-trail, make a (questionably)funny comment here or there once in a while and sometimes ask a few stupid questions from the senior members of this forum.
Trolle pole olemas
Kasutaja avatar
Landy
Typo Master 2.1
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas Landy »

There is luckily one 4x4 service shop who can help you with BJ40 problems and parts - www.offroadservice.ee. The owner is Marek Pedak and he is really skilful with old Toyotas. Also owner of several ones.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Lets talk about LAND ROVER's
Kristjan Vaarmann (+372)5010599 kristjan.vaarmann@landroverclub.ee
Land Rover'iga nakatatud aastast 1996, off-road spordis aastast 2003!
MTÜ Eesti Land Roveri Klubi
Kasutaja avatar
pepo
Rookie
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas pepo »

Thanks! That is very useful information. I need to replace the break shoes of my emergency break soon.
Vasta

Mine “Welcome to 4x4.ee!”